Friday, August 31, 2012

Five on Friday: Baby Shower Themes

My brother and sister in law are expecting their first baby in January (SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!!), and I am so happy to be hosting a baby shower for them in the upcoming months. I have been searching the interwebs far and wide to get the best ideas and inspiration, and decide on a really cute theme for the shower. Of course, it will depend on whether it's a boy or a girl (they find out next week!!), but here are 5 of my favorite themes that I have found so far...

1. Cute as a Button

from Kara's Party Ideas

From Inspiration for Home

This theme is a go if Baby Midkiff is a girl. :) I have seen it done for a baby boy's shower, but I think it is much cuter for a girl! And oh, the crafting opportunities!!

2. Rain Shower

From Chic Cheap Nursery

From Hostess with the Mostess

How cute would a literal shower be?! I think using pastels, this could go either boy (more greens and blues) or girl (pinks and yellows).

3. Airplane

From Vens Paperie on Etsy

From Topsy Turvy

I love this if Baby Midkiff is a boy! My brother and sister in law had talked about maybe decorating the nursery with an airplane theme if they're expecting a boy, so perhaps some of the decor at the shower could go in the nursery!

4. Monogram


Since I am a lover of all things monogram, this is a definite possibility...boy or girl. I love how there are so many sweet ways to personalize all the details of the shower!

5. Elephant

From Half Baked

Another boy option, I think this blue and brown elephant theme shower is so soft and sweet. I am not big on animal themes, but I think this is just so precious.

What is the cutest shower theme you have seen? Any ideas for me? I love hearing about new party themes!

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I am throwing a baby shower for my sister-in-law that is expecting a girl at the end of December. I'm using "sugar and spice" as my theme for a dessert shower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I LOOOOOOOVE that idea!!! I *might* have to steal that theme, that is so cute! And I love the idea of a dessert shower instead of having a whole spread of all kinds of food. Great idea! You'll have to tell me how you do it and what you serve!!

      Delete
  2. All these are wonderful and i appreciate your choice but it should be choose according to gender.Great keep it up.
    Winnie the Pooh Baby Shower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your insight for your fantastic posting. I’m glad I have taken the time to see this.
    Faucets Canada

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...