Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Quote to Ponder...


I found this quote from Dolly Parton (Of whom I TOTALLY love and admire; who doesn't love Dolly Parton?!) on pinterest the other day and found it very thought provoking. It is definitely hard to be a genuine person in an artificial and shallow world. It's much easier to gossip along with your friends about someone you care about than to stand up for them in conversation. It's something I'm working on, and I defintely have a long way to go (I mean, who doesn't LOVE some juicy gossip and girl talk every once in a while!). I'm trying to be more assertive, but not rude or offensive, be thoughtful and honest, and not be selfish. I especially want to truly be able to be myself, in person and here on the blog! I want to be able to share my talents as well as my flaws, my strengths right alongside my weaknesses. I want people to know the real Amanda, and love me for who I genuinely am.

Does anyone else struggle with this? I'd love to know how you manage, and where you get the courage to reveal your vulnerabilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...