Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Menu Planning

I LOVE cooking. I come from a LOOOOOOOONG line of wonderful cooks, and not only do I just love food, but I love the warm, comforting feeling that a good meal can provide. I have been meal planning ever since I got married. We have always had a "grocery budget" for shopping, and long before I knew it was actually beneficial, I would plan out our weekly meals before I went to the store so I could make a list ahead of time. I get too overwhelmed to just piece together meals while in the store.

Anyway, during the holidays, I was cooking (and eating!) constantly, and had lots of our family's favorites. So after all the traditional meals, I am craving some new and exciting recipes. Enter pinterest. Enter my friends on facebook. So here is my meal plan for this week:

Monday-
Tuscan Ravioli with Tomato Basil Cream Sauce
Caesar Salad (Just the good ole' bagged salad. Hard to beat it for convenience's sake.)


Tuesday-
White Chicken Enchiladas (Thanks again, Pinterest)
Refried Beans


Wednesday-
Barbeque Grilled Pork Chops
Sauteed Cabbage
Corn with Butter

Very simple dinner Wednesday night, but I NEVER remember or think to make cabbage. I love when my mom made it growing up, and she made it over Christmas and it struck a nostalgic chord. And Brantley LOVES corn. We'll have to fight her for it.

Thursday-
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Tomato Soup

I LOVE stove top grilled cheese sandwiches with some some old school Kraft sharp cheddar cheese (not American cheese slices), with butter on the bread. And I did just buy some tomato soup, so nothing special there, but also bought a can of diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and onion. Thought it would add a little more flavor and texture. Scott will be out of town Thursday night, so I thought I'd make it easy on myself. This may happen. McDonalds may also happen.

Friday-
Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs
Grilled Zucchini
Fried Rice

This is something a little different for us. I bought some pre-made turkey meatballs and a bottle of teriyaki basting sauce. I have used the sauce on chicken and pork before, and it's yummy and sticky and sweet. I love meatballs, especially those appetizer "sweedish meatballs" you make with chili sauce and grape jelly. I though the teriyaki suce would throw an asian spin on things. Zucchini is a favorite vegetable of my family's, and fried rice couldn't be easier. Cook up a little rice (or, even better, use leftover rice), crack an egg in it, add some soy sauce, sesame seeds, sesame oil and maybe a green onion. Voila!

Anyway, I am still scouring pinterest and adding new recipe ideas to my notebook. Hope to ccreate some new favorites in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...