Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

Wow...where has the time gone??!! And Merry Christmas...I have been so busy with my family, that I have neglected the blog. Priorities, I guess! We had a wonderful Christmas in the Luton household, and we are still cleaning up toy boxes, wrapping paper and unpacking our bags!

Since today is New Year's Eve, I thought I'd document my New Year's resolutions that I will try to kep up in 2012! Here's to the year ahead:

1. Focus on the Girls You'd think that since I'm a stay at home mom, this would be pretty easy. But being home all day, it's easy to get bogged down with laundry, cleaning, the computer, etc., and far too easy to plop both girls down in front of Sesame Street. This year I want to focus on creating more fun experiences with them.

2. Focus on ME! Now, this is a tough one. Again, being at home all day with the girls, I don't shower regularly (gross, I know), and sometimes it's late into the afternoon before I realize I haven't even brushed my teeth! But this year, I'd like to make an effort to take care of myself better so I can take care of the girlies better. And maybe brush my teeth by 10. Baby steps, folks.

3. Find a church This has been a resolution going on 3 years now. It' high time we mark this one off the list.

4. Live a Healthier Lifestyle I hate to admit it, but the way I look largely impacts the way I feel about myself. Sad, but true. So I NEED to drop the rest of my baby weight in the new year. EARLY in the new year. But not only that, we need more fruits and veggies, more walks with the girls, more physical activity as a whole. This is a FAMILY resolution.

5. Declutter and Simplify This one is TOUGH for me, since I like lots of clothes, lots of accessories, lots of decor styles, lots of foods, lots of recipes. I am not a less is more kind of person, I am certaily a more is more kind of girl. But seriously. I hang on to stuff far too long "just in case," and need to PURGE!!! I hope to attack each room at a time, and either keep, trash or donate all the crap that is cluttering up my house! Organizing each room will be challenging, but I have a year to do it, right?!

Happy New Year and hope your 2012 is amazing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...