Friday, October 28, 2011

Goodwill Dresser Redo!

I am ALL about thrift stores. I love finding hidden treasures and transforming them for next to nothing. I hadn't really had the time (or the space) to exercise my refurbishing skills until lately, but I am REALLY loving it. :) So, I found this white dresser at a Goodwill store near my old house about 6 months ago.


I bought it for a measly $10 (!!!!!!!) and had good intentions of giving it a fresh coat of white paint and just using it in my soon to be second born's nursery as a toy box. It sat in my garage until about 3 weeks ago. Oops! I ended up liking Grayson's room the way it was, and I really had no other place for it. Then, I started rearranging some furniture in the playroom, got a little inspiration from pinterest, and decided I wanted to paint it! This would be only my second time painting furniture, but I am SO happy with how it turned out!!


I just used some regular hot pink craft paint (I think the actual name was "azalea" :)), and painted the front first. It took about 3 coats. Then for the stripes on top, I used some good 'ole masking tape and taped it off. I just eye-balled it, thinking if it was off a bit it really didn't matter since it was just going in the playroom, and will probably get destroyed eventually anyway. But really, I got pretty close!


Threw my $8 Wal-Mart pillow on the top, and there you go. The playroom has a kind of rainbow color scheme, and the hot pink is perfect (rainbows in our house have hot pink in them :))!

As you can see from the picture above though, I probably still need to touch up the white paint. But since it took me about 5 months to just bring it inside from the garage, it may be a while. It'll do for now. And I think it's a pretty cute addition to one of the playroom walls, especially for just ten bucks!


(By the way, if anyone was wondering where the girlies were while I was doing this project, Gracie was taking a *marathon* 2 1/2 hour nap and Brantley was painting too! She was right beside me on the playroom floor painting flowers in her activity book!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...